Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Last Chapter



Lets see where I left off, where’s the end of the last chapter,
Where do the rest of the words go, this has to end in shards of laughter.

If there was a story you wanted to be told,
A part of your life, which would be remembered always.
How can u choose to give glory to pain?
Love, after all, makes us live our days.

The road to heaven was wet with the rain,
The grass roots heaving a sigh,
The street lamps stand tall and blind,
And I see a girl in the arms of a guy.

Loves stories around the world,
Take a breather, and look hither,
May be u will find respite from your doomed lives,
A lasting memory, before u die and wither.

See how the girl smiles, see her blush in the moonless night.
I am dazzled by what I see
A distant bird cries out in flight.

Look at the man, bare, like a boy, walks with the girl, holding hands.
He feels the magic, of the loveliest blunder,
He reads a silent grace, for the holy man.

Looking around, I see everything.
The raindrops each with a tiny rainbow,
The trees, the dogs, the people passing,
Each in their own world, feeling high, feeling low.

A turn or two later,
A few I love you’s that mattered,
I see them walk towards the end of their road.

There was no you, there was no I,
There was no we to divide,
Just a song remained, never sung, never told.

And here I end my story of laughter
No laughs were heard,
But memories remembered.

3 comments: