Sunday 20 November 2011

For the Sweet Unwanted



It’s 5 o’clock, and the crows are singing,
The sun is yet to shine
The movie just finished, credits rolling,
It’s now my sweet bed time.
The pillows smell of last night’s sweat
The sheets haven’t yet been changed
But once I lie, sleep comes by,
Dreams whisper in my ear,
No more nightmares I fear,
I sleep perfect without you here,
My sweet unwanted dear.

Waking up late, with the afternoon tea,
Grouchy eyes on the screen,
Browse through the pages, there is nothing to see,
I yawn, the bed looks inviting.
Last night’s rumpled and wrinkled sheet,
Life is simple as it is,
Philosophy; sounds better with some biscuits.
I smile as I check the inbox,
And wonder about affections gained and lost,
I grin as I read through,
Another day down, happily without you

7 comments:

  1. the most beautiful thing about this is i can actually visualize someone with each line of that is written ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i cud like the comment @dip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as usual the style is gud and like most of all tells the story abt love lost and the life afterwards..its been depicted beautifully..gud job done..ta-da

    ReplyDelete
  6. once again, you're drawing pictures with words... this time in grayscale... :)

    ReplyDelete