Thursday 1 September 2011

Song of the Night









The night hums its own sad tune,
Remembering the past,its curse n boon;
As she spreads her cloak,from dusk till dawn,
I too find myself,humming her mournfull song...


From the shadows come voices more,
Whispering to me, their forgotten lore,
The wind sings a lullaby near my ear,
Of dreams and hope, love and fear.


The wait for the morning to come, and the dew to dry,
The bird prepares to take flight, with its morning cry,
But someone left last night, someone said goodbye,
And the night sings her song, and I sing with her tonight.

5 comments:

  1. and yet in the darkness and silence
    of the night
    I find the blissful peace
    that i long thought bade me bye
    and i lie here watching those distant stars
    in the moonless night
    and wonder to myself...
    do i really want to see the morning light..

    ReplyDelete
  2. holding a dream in the folds of fingers
    i fail to grasp the remnants of sleep..
    in the early rays, hope beckons,
    its time i walk, i have promises to keep..
    "and miles to go before i sleep"....

    i love urs btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep walking on and on
    through those old winding yellow roads
    there's no one,in far sight
    only the hand of my glum shadow to behold
    yet i walk on..
    walk on, coz' i must be
    and i hope to reach thr someday
    no matter how bleak my chances might seem

    ReplyDelete
  4. well its practically awwsum...practically shows behind every dark cloud there is a rainbow hiding..

    ReplyDelete